Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AGLA Cayman custom steering wheel special features

Old 03-17-2009, 12:37 AM
AGLA
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AGLA Cayman custom steering wheel special features

AGLA has for sale at the link below a all black leather triangular airbag wheel with a number of special features yet retains the original wheel so you may stiil use your current airbag and or mutifunction controls.
We added on the following features
- GT2 style padded wheel - not available on these multifunction wheels/only the non multifunction round airbag version as on gt2 version.Adds @ 1/3 inch more in diameter /@3/4 - 1 inch circumference vs stock wheel.
-Thumb rests at 10-2 oclock- also not seen on this wheel /only on the sport
-Perforated leather sides /for a more sportier feel- smooth black leather top and bottom areas for a subtle two tone custom wheel.

See this link at my ebay store or call me directly at 1 800 780 4500
If you have a wheel but do not have a black interiorl or prefer alcantara
materials let me know.I also can send all of you more pictures of this wheel and others
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

thank you very much
Alan Gun/AGLA

Last edited by AGLA; 03-17-2009 at 01:08 AM. Reason: forgot to add text
Old 03-21-2009, 09:49 PM
md11plt
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ALAN!!!!

I am so glad I found this!

Please look at the pictures of a wheel Alan did for me. There are some real PROs here on Renn that know how to do custom wheels. Alan Gun is not one of them. This mess cost me over $500.00 and when I pulled it out of the box, my wife actually laughed. It was absolutely PATHETIC. You can see glue spots, bunched leather and more.

Not only did he not fix it, he is genuinely one of the rudest most obnoxious people I have ever dealt with. Some of the things he said to me on the phone were beyond the pale. When I was dealing with Alan, I had just been diagnosed with cancer. When I called to complain about the wheel, Alan said that I doctored pictures with Photoshop and that I actually caused the damage to the wheel. When I wouldn’t give up, he called me “Cancer Boy” and told me to hurry up and die so he wouldn’t have to hear from me any more.

Well, Alan, I still have the cancer, but I’m still here and every time you post something on this forum and try to sucker some of the best folks I have ever come across. I will post this story again, and again, and again.

Rennlisters BEWARE!

Alan,

I got the steering wheel today. Thank you for the expediting shipping.

I must say that I am not very happy with the way it turned out. In fact, I'm very upset about it. I have included pictures of the areas that I have problems with.

First of all I sent you what was for all intents and purposes a brand new steering wheel on the 1st of March, two day Fed Ex. You called me on the 3rd telling me you had the wheel in your shop and we discussed once again the details of the work you were to do. On previous conversations, you told me that a "simple wheel like yours would take about a week". Today is the 26th of March, a full 3 weeks after you had the wheel in your shop. I called you Tuesday the 21st looking for the wheel and you said it was done and that it would ship out the next morning. You said I would have it by the weekend. I called you again on Friday the 24th of March because the wheel had not come. You told me that you were inundated with relatives and that you had not been able to personally inspect the wheel. You told me that once you did, you would send it right out. I asked you about Saturday delivery and we agreed that you would send it via express mail USPS.

Second, the quality of the wheel is in my opinion very substandard. The stitching is very uneven. The padding is lumpy and the fit and finish of the edges is just downright poor. There is glue everywhere and both the left and right spokes are damaged. Also, the seams towards the bottom of the wheel where the alcantara and the leather meet is much lower that specified in my letter to you.

All in all, I am very disappointed. I would appreciate the money spent for the work you did refunded to my credit card. Even if you thought you could fix all the problems mentioned here, I am unwilling to spend another three weeks without my car. Secondly, since this wheel is in no way suitable, I would ask that you bear the burden of a replacement steering wheel from Porsche. I will do the leg work and find the best price I can for a wheel and let you know what the cost is.

Sincerely,

Thomas Sila
Attached Images       
Old 03-22-2009, 10:03 PM
Brad W
Burning Brakes

WOW, Alan should be ashamed of that kind of work. And calling you names! I will never use AGLA
Old 03-23-2009, 02:16 AM
ettsn
Pro

Wow, that sucks. I got some stuff done by Agla many moons ago and was impressed. Nothing like what you got. Hopefully you can get this resolved.

Cancer boy? Wow, totally uncalled for...
Old 03-23-2009, 04:19 PM
md11plt
Pro

More here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=39883
Old 03-23-2009, 04:45 PM
AGLA
Former Vendor

There are 2 sides to every story-Mr Sila had an issue with us .He thinks he can destroy my good name with an issue we have tried to resolved and he refuses.
We have a lot of good customers and its easy to take pot shots at any company on the internet.HMr Sila insists on pressing this issue using his illness as an excuse for a refund.
I have currently a family member with terminal cancer and I have workied in cancer clinics myself so i am no so callous to be so rude to not think this a serious think however Mr Sila thinks thats an reason for a refund years later .Has nothing to do with the work we did for him- which leads me to suspect any valid illness on his part.
Luckly he's the only idiot who I ve had this issue with in my history at AGLA.
A gun
Old 03-23-2009, 04:56 PM
md11plt
Pro

"And thats where it ended after he sent me the medical report on his condition. " That's what you said on a post in the 997TT forum. Now you question if I have a medical condition at all.

Please provide ONE example of me saying "I'm sick, give me my money back."

I have provided email proof of everything I have accuesed you of. If I did it, let's see it.

And for the record, I have been wanting a refund since April of 2006.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:31 PM
md11plt
Pro

Hell, I'll just show you.

The scar on my chest and stomach have been opened three times since '06. Once for a Liver resection, once for a herniated diaphragm and once for a blocked colon.

The doodad under my skin is a port. With all the chemo I've had, my veins just pop when they put a needle in me.

So there you go. I am opening myself up and standing tall before you’re scrutiny. Whatcha got?
Attached Images   
Old 03-24-2009, 01:42 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

Tom,
We've both been screwed by this guy. Hopefully we can prevent fellow Rennlisters from meeting the same fate.

Andreas
Old 03-24-2009, 09:53 AM
md11plt
Pro

Originally Posted by AOW162435
Tom,
We've both been screwed by this guy. Hopefully we can prevent fellow Rennlisters from meeting the same fate.

Andreas
That's the code, buddy. Looking out for each other.

What's sad is that if he would just come clean, post some pics of some good stuff he's done (I'm sure there must be one or two) instead of using the same "blame game" and telling the same lies...

Some guys just don't get it.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:58 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Tom, you never have to prove yourself to your friends. And the rest of the people do not matter.....
Old 03-24-2009, 11:34 AM
md11plt
Pro

Thanks, Bob. I just want everyone to know that I have NOTHING to hide.

I love you guys!
Old 04-28-2009, 05:16 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

It's been long enough. Alan and I exchanged a few emails last month, during which time he continued to state that my replacement wheel was on its way. He's failed to respond since March 29.

With that said, I feel perfectly content calling Alan Gunn a rotten, lying, good-for-nothing, ne'er-do-well. No further proof is needed.

I sincerely hope that his brief stay on Rennlist cost him dearly. Now and in the future.

Andreas

Last edited by AOW162435; 04-28-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:38 AM
Sally
1st Gear

Default Alan you should be ashamed of yourself.

How dare you call someone cancer boy:

I just noticed these posts were about exactly one year ago, I'm sorry to pass long the news:

Mr. Thomas L. of xxx, passed away Feb. 28, 2010. He is survived by his wife, , also of xxx; , Memorial Services will be held 3 o'clock Friday, March 5 at xxx

A friend.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AGLA Cayman custom steering wheel special features