CEL P1325 Camshaft Adjustment, Bank 2

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 11:31 AM
Scott MacDonald
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEL P1325 Camshaft Adjustment, Bank 2

So my CEL came on recently. Took it to the dealer who diagnosed Fault "P1325 Camshaft Adjustment, Bank 2". He felt it was probably an electrical glitch since the car is running fine (idles smoothely, no apparent power loss at speed, etc.), and reset it. Said it may never happen again.

Sadly, it did come back on a few miles later. Still runs fine. Called dealer who said that an oil change may resolve the problem (?WTF?!). So I bit the bullet and paid $250 for a dealer oil change, and reset, and of course the light came on again a mile down the road

My understanding is that a repair is around $1000, as it's not easy to get to the area. And that I may just have a bad senser or open circuit.

Anyone else have experience with this problem? Is it true that I'm not hurting the car if it's running fine, and that if I truly had a camshaft adjustment issue the car wouldn't run smoothely?

And is it true that I can reset the CEL myself by simply disconnecting the negative battery cable briefly?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:13 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

probaly just a acuator sticking, proepr diagnoisis requires a scope, but the part itself isnt hard to change, not much difffrent then changing a spark plug.

Either way with the light on camshaft adj will not advance the camsafts and you will loose up to performance.
and oil chnage could have fixed it
Old 12-06-2006, 06:20 PM
Scott MacDonald
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks, Brad.

Does disconnecting the battery reset the CEL, or is the fault stored? The fault was listed as "intermittent, not present", btw.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:36 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

well not present means it hadnt happend in that key cycle, its obiuosly a hard fault as it comes back so soon. Likey the valve is sticking due to dirt in the oil, hence why they wanted to try an oil chnage before chaing parts.

reseting the battery wil likely not do anything. Even if it clears you will have a light again the first time you go over 3500 rpm and the valve sticks

repalce it or have it replaced and you should be good to go
Old 12-08-2006, 06:29 PM
Rick3452
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Scott same thing happened to mine. Kept reseting it and finally changed cam adjuster. About $850 and has never come back on. Good luck Rick
Old 12-08-2006, 07:21 PM
Scott MacDonald
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Rick. I've gat a date with my Porsche guy to fix me up. Sure hating spending $ on repair issues instead of go-fast goodies as I had planned for my winter projects!
Old 12-04-2010, 12:25 PM
joelesmith
Advanced

Scott,
I dug up this old thread on a p1325 fault. I am having the same issue with my 01 turbo. Did you ever resolve this issue?
thanks,
Joel
Old 12-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Scott MacDonald
Addict
Rennlist Member

Joel,

I did have the cam adjuster replaced, and it's been fine since. BTW, that issue was on my previous car, a 1999 Carrera 4, not my current 2001 turbo. No problems yet with my turbo with 50k miles, and many track days.

Scott

Quick Reply: CEL P1325 Camshaft Adjustment, Bank 2