Notices
356 Forum 1948-1965
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SAVE THE DATE: MD/DC/VA "Meet and Drive" 11/9/14 Sunday, Bagel City, Rockville 930am

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 07:00 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 851 Likes on 434 Posts
Default SAVE THE DATE: MD/DC/VA "Meet and Drive" 11/9/14 Sunday, Bagel City, Rockville 930am

Get our your calendars: The next "Meet and Drive" will be on Sunday, 11/9/14 at 930 am at Bagel City 12119 Rockville Pike Rockville, MD 20852. It's the same shopping center with TGI Fridays. We apologize in advance if that date doesn't work for some of you - it's tough to pick one that everyone can make.

What is a "Meet and Drive"? We meet and chat in the large parking lot starting at 930 am till 11am (show up whenever is good for you - it's totally casual), then we take a circuitous, spirited 50 minute drive to a lunch spot somewhere in the area. The lunch spot this time will be at the Founding Farmers, Potomac, MD at 12 noon.

You can order a burger, veggie burger or other sandwich or salad from $10-15 and an entire meal could be had for less than $20. [B]We will have a reservation for 20 people so if you can make the brunch part of the day PLEASE RSVP AND LET ME KNOW IN ADVANCE as it's tough to get a seat here at this time of day.

http://www.wearefoundingfarmers.com/...omac-bethesda/

Reviews: 10.8.14 There is a reason why Founding Farmers has been on the Food Network (1. The Best Thing I Ever Ate and 2. Meat & Potatoes)- this place knows how to pack in the flavor with every single bite in every single item on their menu! In terms of their decor, they add in a modern flare to the farm to table concept.

Service was good- seems like all the servers knew what they were doing since they were able to handle the crowd so well! Food was presented beautifully and in a timely fashion. It's great to come on a Saturday for a late lunch because they offer both the brunch and lunch menu!

Honestly, their stuffed french toast is my absolute favorite. Hot & crispy on the outside with vanilla cream from the inside just oozing out~
I've also tried their chicken and waffles before- not bad but being from down South, it wasn't the best I've had. Their red velvet cake was sweet alright and a tad bit dry. But hey, at least you know you're eating dessert...?

Overall, I love coming here for homey/semi-country/American food but it's not an intimate setting and you may sacrifice some of your hearing by the end of your meal.

10.19.14 We got the Reuben sandwich and the blue cheese bacon balsamic onion burger with Brussels sprouts and beans. The Reuben was very juicy and the burger was very flavorful as well. Definitely recommend the Brussels sprouts. Overall there was a touch of sweetness to each item. The Beignets, of which there were 6, were very delicious with 3 dipping sauces.

10.17.14 Just get the chicken and waffles... The other food is good, but the chicken and waffles is AMAZING!

10.11.14 We've been to the one in DC and it was our first time to try this location.. We were expecting about the same experience but boy! This place just went over the top! Our waiter, was so nice and patient.. The manager, Maribel, was aaawesooome!!!! She came to our table few times to check if we're doing great and corrected some mishaps during our dinner.. Honestly, they really didn't have to cuz we were happy as it was but they were so nice and kind to actually make it a better experience for us... As a diner, I always expect good customer service but man! They were GREAT! I'm definitely going to rave about them for the rest of the week (or two) to my coworkers and make sure everybody tries FFMoCo! Great food + great service + affordable price! Nothing more you can ask for!!

9.12.14 We drove all the way to Rockville area, which I haven't done in more than 10 years. It was a nice drive on a beautiful Saturday morning. This is pure American comfort food heaven. We don't normally eat this type of heavy gut filling food, but it was very satisfying and reading the menu was exciting and fun. They serve huge portions, and we had to doggie bag my son's and my entrees of fish and chips and macaroni and cheese. Truthfully, I can't eat this type of food every day. It's too heavy and I came home and went to sleep for 5 hours. It's like eating Thanksgiving food, good for once a year.

However, my little boy loved this place so we would definitely go again to the new one being built closer to home in Tyson's. I did not like eating in the upper level of this restaurant, felt closed in with the low ceilings like eating in a basement. So it's nicer to eat on the bottom floor with a view of the high ceilings. Next time I will just order appetizers and a salad because this food will put you in a coma. A lot of people were ordering fried chicken and waffles, which is something I could never do...For 3 entrees of a ruben sandwich, mac and cheese, and fish and chips along with 2 appetizers of biscuits and a huge metal pot of kettle popcorn with drinks and tips we paid $72. A little much, but would be good for family get togethers.

Old 11-02-2014, 11:32 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 851 Likes on 434 Posts

Hopefully some folks can come out on Sunday the 9th. We meet rain or shine!

Steve

Quick Reply: SAVE THE DATE: MD/DC/VA "Meet and Drive" 11/9/14 Sunday, Bagel City, Rockville 930am