356 Forum 1948-1965
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Post Pics of 356's Here Thread!!!!!

Old 07-20-2005, 02:11 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One more for fun. We had celebrities there.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:01 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 311 Likes on 138 Posts

THANKS Alan!!!!!!!

Now if we can get Yuji and Jim and all the others to post their pictures it would be cool. It sure was a great show. They said that with all the other Porsche's parked in the corrals surrounding the Concours there were over 250 cars. They will have to find a bigger location soon!

JoAnne

PS: Robert did want the Navy Blue Speedster. The guy has our card so he can call when and if he is ready to sell. That was one BEAUTIFUL Speedster.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:16 AM
WarpMan
Rennlist Member

JoAnne,
Just checking in with some pictures from Dana Point.

This cracked me up every time I walked past.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:32 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

Now that's a custom plate.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:34 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

The Navy Speedster. Man that car really is awesome. Not just great but incredibly awesome, like a jewel.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:38 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

A few more
Old 07-21-2005, 03:50 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Thanks Yuji for NOT posting the toe pic
Thanks to you to Alan for taking so many pictures of us with Max. Did you know that there were 14 Rennlisters that came up to us to say hi that day? I wonder if any of them took pictures too? So far ever Rennlister we've met in person from the East Coast to the West Coast have been great fun and great people too. I'm happy camper...................

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!!!!!

JoAnne
Old 07-26-2005, 02:19 PM
keoni1978
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw Max at European Collectibles!! WOW its a beauty!!
Old 07-26-2005, 03:16 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by keoni1978
I saw Max at European Collectibles!! WOW its a beauty!!
Yes, Nick Clements bought the car and he owns EC. He said he's not selling it.... for a while. A beauty?? Nah, I think it's a BEAST!!!!!!! Yesterday I sent them pictures of the awards we got while showing Max as Chris requested. Did they have them displayed with the car yet?

We still really, really miss Max, but we came to the conclusion that we didn't need a beast anymore, we needed a car that is more for comfortable street driving and less for showing/racing. Robert really enjoyed redoing Max's fuel system and interior and undercarriage and what ever else we had done to it. He did a lot of grinning and got a lot of satisfaction out of the process. I enjoyed cleaning Max. I learned so much about 356's by actually getting under the car and checking every nut and bolt out. Now it's time for Nick to enjoy it. Max is a racer pure and simple. He needs to be driven and driven HARD......... Maybe Nick, will do it, maybe someone else will. Yup, I truly do miss seeing Max in our garage everyday

If there is one thing that we can always be certian of, it is this: We will never have another 356 as special as max was. EVER.

Thanks,
JoAnne

Robert and I setting off in Max at the 2005 East Coast Holiday in Williamsburg, VA
Old 08-01-2005, 04:02 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

So much for keeping it for a while... Max is for sale... I guess he meant a little while. Business is business. I can't blame him. Get the buyers while they are HOT. We'd do the same thing if we had his business too! I really do miss Max. Once we get the Speedster, I'm sure I'll feel better.....

I loved this interior with the cocomats that looked perfect with the teal and black and tan combo....

MORE PICTURES GUYS!!!!!!

J
Old 08-02-2005, 10:09 AM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 139 Posts

When you said EC bought it "to keep it" I almost replied - yeah, watch them sell it next week for a 30% profit... But then thought I was too cynical and did not post ;-)

Can't say I am surprised... Only thing remains to be seen is, was I right on the 30% markup ;-) None of my business, just rethorical... Still, bummer... Hope you are enjoying the new A though ! Probably a lot less hassle unless you are already cleaning its undercarriage with Qtips ;-)
Old 08-02-2005, 11:18 AM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by Greg D.
When you said EC bought it "to keep it" I almost replied - yeah, watch them sell it next week for a 30% profit... But then thought I was too cynical and did not post ;-)
Can't say I am surprised... Only thing remains to be seen is, was I right on the 30% markup ;-) None of my business, just rethorical... Still, bummer... Hope you are enjoying the new A though ! Probably a lot less hassle unless you are already cleaning its undercarriage with Qtips ;-)

OH PLEEEZE...... We will NEVER EVER clean another undercarriage with Q-tips again!!!!! EVER!!!!!! That was pure insanity... Insanity at it's finest hour... all the cliche's you can think of!!!!!!

Well... I really thought Nick was going to keep it for at least three months or so. Whatever. The man is in the business to sell cars so I can't say I blame him for anything he does. I wish we could do what he does!!! Nick is actually a pretty cool dude................. I like him.

We are really are enjoying our "new" A Coupe Gunter. Robert has already replaced the tail lights and license plate light. We just got the 'new' driving lights that Robert will be insalling soon. Wait until you see our carpet mats I'm trying (rather unsucessfully so far) to get Robert to install a new Fuel Safe fuel cell in Gunter. Sort of along the lines of the one Max has, but Robert isn't too keen on that idea. It was a pain in the butt to install that one on Max, and I know he is thinking that once was enough. Yup, the A will not be as radical as Max, but that's okay too. Max was too hard to drive and enjoy at the same time. Gunter is fun to drive AND enjoy!!!!

How's your A coming along??

JoAnne

JoAnne
Old 08-02-2005, 12:06 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 139 Posts

Right now, not at all.. I haven't even driven the poor little thing in over 3 weeks... It's -very- hot in florida right now, the car needs a tuneup, and the problematic 911 has kept me busy enough every week end, that and breaking in the new boxster's engine ;-)

I do feel bad and will treat her to a new interior before the year is over, carpet, upholstery, the works... Maybe driving lights too, and eventually I 'll wire my horns too !!! Either way, even when all is said and done it'll still be fjord green ;-(
Old 08-03-2005, 03:24 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 167 Likes on 100 Posts

I thought I would post here the 356 I had the pleasure of seeing and driving while in Germany last week at my tuner's shop. Apparently it is quite rare, one thing is for sure, it was beautiful. It has a heavy racing and concours pedigree as well, the owner showed me some magazines, very old and new ones.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:16 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by Jean
I thought I would post here the 356 I had the pleasure of seeing and driving while in Germany last week at my tuner's shop. Apparently it is quite rare, one thing is for sure, it was beautiful. It has a heavy racing and concours pedigree as well, the owner showed me some magazines, very old and new ones.
Jean Please post pictures. We want to see!!!!! What was it???

JoAnne

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Post Pics of 356's Here Thread!!!!!